Sunday, June 24, 2012

Easy Alfredo Sauce

This only came about because of one lazy Sunday and the site that made it difficult to save the recipe. So in an effort to keep this delicious and easy recipe around, I'm now sharing it with you. I originally got it from here but after some changes (mostly because I forgot to add some ingredients) I've now adopted it as my own. I've posted the modified recipe below, so enjoy!



Easy Alfredo Sauce
Serves approximately 6

4 tablespoons butter or margarine
4 tablespoons flour
1 cup milk
1 cup broth (chicken or vegetable is fine)
1 cup shredded Italian cheeses (Mozzarella, Romano, etc.)
1/2 cup Parmesano Reggiano cheese (or plain Parmesan)
3 tablespoons fresh or 1-2 tablespoons dried parsley
4-5 cloves garlic, minced
salt and pepper
4-5 slices of ham, sliced (optional)

Directions
  1. Melt butter and add flour, stirring constantly for 2-3 minutes to cook the flour. 
  2. Add milk and broth and blend well. 
  3. Add cheese, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper and stir until cheese is melted and sauce is smooth. 
  4. Add ham and serve over cooked pasta.

And it's as easy as that! So delicious and quick to make, I'd definitely make it again. The ham is definitely optional since I only threw it in as an attempt at protein. You could substitute for sliced chicken or shrimp if you really wanted to. As for the extras I just put them into individual containers and popped them in the freezer for easy meals! Sounds like a success to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment